Re: Getting SPF out there

2003-12-15 16:31:31

  ISPs: let's start writing to ISPs and asking them to publish SPF
        records.

We have a lot of ISPs among our customers, and are going to recommend that they add SPF records. Most of them are well aware of the issue of false positives, and are receptive to ways of reducing them.

  Big Web Domains: SPF was designed with eBay and PayPal in mind as two
      of the biggest beneficiaries.

One thing that we are planning to do for our Declude JunkMail software is have an optional file that can be used to "force" SPF records. That way, our customers can add records for eBay and PayPal. They could use a lines such as "ebay.com v=spf1 +ptr -all", would force require E-mail from an @ebay.com sender to have "ebay.com" in the reverse DNS entry. It certainly isn't an ideal solution, but helps jump start SPF until the eBays of the world recognize it.
                                        -Scott

---