Re: MS Exchange

2003-12-18 19:41:04
I posted at http://www.martijnjongen.com/eng/ -- this is a piece of free software that adds RBL support to Exchange 2000. He obviously has all the right hooks, and would (essentially) just need to incorporate libspfquery. If anybody uses orfilter, then it might we worth your while to suggest SPF support as well.

From his web page, he seems like a reasonable guy, so we could be in luck.

Philip

Stuart Schneider wrote:

I took a look at it, but Microsoft makes it a bit more involved than on
UNIX platforms.  The easiest (and since I don't trust MS too far, more
secure) approach is to front-end your Exchange servers with a UNIX SMTP
relay that does SPF validation.  This is currently the approach I use &
it also allows for running things like SpamAssassin.

If you want a native Exchange 2000 solution, you'll have to code an
Event Sink for the SMTP virtual servers.  You also need libspfquery
compiled as a DLL or otherwise linked into your event handler to do the
SPF lookups.

Here is the MSDN documentation on the API:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cdosys/html/_cdosys_implementing
_smtp_event_sinks.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cdosys/html/_cdosys_implementing
_sinks_with_scripting_languages.asp

A couple Event Sink examples (with code) from the KB are: 315631 - How
to forward mail for unknown recipients to a single mailbox 317680 - How
to add a disclaimer to the bottom of all outgoing mail

-Stuart