RE: MS Exchange

2003-12-17 03:03:48
I never saw my reply come thru, so trying again.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Schneider
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 6:34 PM
To: 'spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com'
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] MS Exchange

I took a look at it, but Microsoft makes it a bit more involved than on
UNIX platforms.  The easiest (and since I don't trust MS too far, more
secure) approach is to front-end your Exchange servers with a UNIX SMTP
relay that does SPF validation.  This is currently the approach I use &
it also allows for running things like SpamAssassin.

If you want a native Exchange 2000 solution, you'll have to code an
Event Sink for the SMTP virtual servers.  You also need libspfquery
compiled as a DLL or otherwise linked into your event handler to do the
SPF lookups.

Here is the MSDN documentation on the API:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cdosys/html/_cdosys_implementing
_smtp_event_sinks.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cdosys/html/_cdosys_implementing
_sinks_with_scripting_languages.asp

A couple Event Sink examples (with code) from the KB are: 315631 - How
to forward mail for unknown recipients to a single mailbox 317680 - How
to add a disclaimer to the bottom of all outgoing mail

-Stuart