RE: Maybe simple question

2003-12-17 05:15:48
-----Original Message-----
From: Vivien M. [mailto:vivienm(_at_)dyndns(_dot_)org]

[snip]

So we both agree that SPF has as a key "side effect" that it empowers domain
owners, at the expense of everyone else, whether they be good (eg:
customers, employees, etc) or bad (spammers). We just disagree on whether
this is desirable.

Yes.

What about if your web hosting provider says "We must host your DNS,
otherwise you can't use our web hosting service"

Then take your business elsewhere. There are plenty of good hosting providers
that
do a good job and don't require you to host your DNS at their place. I just
switched
web hosting for my company's website, from XO to pair (I'm not affiliated with
either) and I didn't get any such demand. True, pair created a zone file for
me by default, and I have moved the DNS hosting over on my own volition, but
there was no demand to do that, implicit or explicit. And the cost is below
$20/month.

-- Arik
This email and attachments have been scanned for
potential proprietary or sensitive information leakage.

PortAuthority(TM)  Server
Keeping Information Inside
Vidius, Inc.
www.vidius.com