Re: "pass" vs SPF-pass in the Received-SPF line

2004-01-08 06:01:19
On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 04:07:32AM -0800, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
Then bogo filter is completely useless

Why? If 90% of the messages contain "pass" and 75% of those are spam, why
shouldn't bogofilter know that, well, the distribution for "pass" is
0.75-0.25? It's not like it suddenly ignores all other words of a message.

Don't use Bayesian filters to scan for certain keywords in headers. They
won't work that way, they look at entire messages.

Bogofilter is only useless if you use it for things it wasn't designed for.
For example, I find it to be a useless web server.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Fate fell short this time, your smile fades in the summer
cap(_at_)capsi(_dot_)com | Place your hand in mine, I'll leave when I wanna

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦¾Øß´ëù1Ií-»Fqx(_dot_)com