Re: SPF detecting forgeries of smaller domains

2004-01-12 17:22:48
Quoting Rob Kaper (cap(_at_)capsi(_dot_)com):
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 06:23:30PM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
In my spambox I have a couple dozen forgeries caught by SPF.  Most of
them are altavista.com and aol.com forgeries, but I'm beginning to see
smaller domains like roadrunnernf.net and softhome.net

I noticed hush.com/hushmail.com (free webmail) started as well. Good.

They must have changed their minds.  I'm not seeing any records for
them.

In the SPF thread on the Postfix list Outblaze indicated they may
be publishing SPF records.  I suspect most here refuse mail from
Outblaze domains unless it is sent from Outblaze servers anyway.
For those that don't know Outblaze, they claim to be the largest
free email provider.  They have mail.com, email.com, and a hundred
or so other domains that are very popular for dropboxes and forgery.

John Capo