Re: SRS and sendmail

2004-01-15 03:08:06
Mark Tranchant wrote:

Justin Mason wrote:

5) /etc/aliases contains

  addr: "|/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi newaddress(_at_)example(_dot_)com"

to send the msg with a new envelope-from; bounces will go back to the
postmaster at your domain.   In this setup, I think this is appropriate,
since generally the failure case is that the forward address has changed
and the aliases need to be updated.

An excellent intermediate solution. Many thanks for that: I have now implemented it. In case anyone is interested, my current setup is:

<snip>

There is one disadvantage to this method - large distribution lists take a long time to send, as each recipient must be dealt with individually.

--
Mark.
mark(_at_)tranchant(_dot_)plus(_dot_)com