SRS and sendmail

2004-01-14 02:10:07
As is usual with technical things, it takes a few days for the true implications of a proposal to reach my brain. I've just worked out that I run a forwarder and why this creates a problem with SPF.

I run billericaybaptist.net, my church system, which uses a database-generated /etc/mail/aliases to forward alice(_at_)billericaybaptist(_dot_)net to alice(_at_)endisp(_dot_)com for about 170 users.

I have jumped onto the SPF bandwagon and published records for my domain, but now I understand that if bob(_at_)aol(_dot_)com sends to alice(_at_)billericaybaptist(_dot_)net, endisp will receive a message from aol.com via my server. AOL's SPF rules will not permit this, and endisp may dump the message.

So I need to implement some form of SRS. I already run a couple of sendmail milters, but I understand that a milter cannot change the envelope sender.

Any suggestions? procmail and formail? Or am I jumping the gun a bit here?

--
Mark.
mark(_at_)tranchant(_dot_)plus(_dot_)com