Re: Solving the Forwarding Problem for good!!!

2004-01-17 11:16:32
On Saturday 17 January 2004 3:37 pm, John Warren wrote:
The "RCPT TO:" [sic] in the transaction header should always the
authenticated sender e-mail address and never the address the user
supplied in the "From" since it could be forged.

It isn't. My ISP (using exim) lets me use any 'From:' address I want and sets
the MAIL FROM accordingly. They don't enforce any 'Sender:' field at all.

Interestingly, they also send bounces to the third-party address too, which
implies they completely ignore the original source of the message...

- Dan