Re: Solving the Forwarding Problem for good!!!

2004-01-17 08:40:24
WHAT WAS I THINK ON MY LAST MESSAGE?

I meant the "MAIL FROM:" transaction field not the "RCPT TO:" field.

Sorry about that.

On 17 Jan 2004 at 16:24, Alain Knaff wrote:

begin  Saturday 17 January 2004 16:14, John Warren quote:
SPF tests should always use the "Sender" if there present, not the
"From".

So the SPF check should work as follows.

If there is a "Sender" use it for checking and ignore the "From" else
use "From".

The problem with this approach (and others approaches based on header
fields, rather than the envelope) is that it forces the MTA to
actually accept the message, before being able to reject it.

With SPF as it stands now, the mail transaction can already be aborted
before a single byte of message data is transferred.

Alain

John Warren
| Any and all use of my email address for bulk email without my      |
| expressed permission is prohibited. This means NO JUNK EMAIL, SPAM.|
| Support the anti-Spam amendment, Join at http://www.cauce.org/     |