Re: Solving the Forwarding Problem for good!!!

2004-01-18 05:30:10
On Sunday 18 January 2004 5:26 am, Brian Hatch wrote:
Hmmmn.  A thought, and admittedly it's likely a bad one.

If for some valid reason you were not able to determine
if a message should be blocked before data and needed to
examine the header a bit, and once you read enough of the
content was able to determine that it should in fact be
dropped, you could
       * close the connection immediately
       * save the ehlo/mail from/rcpt to/client ip
         as a 'ban next time' tuple
       * when the remote server attempts to resend it,
         block the email before DATA.

This is what I have been doing for quite a while, it works. Then again I am
not really worried if the occasional legit mail gets bounced, because they
get a reject saying:

550 sending host is a known virus source

In my view their virus infection is something they need to know about and fix.

- Dan