An important use case for "exists"

2004-01-26 19:01:11
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 07:56:51PM -0600, wayne wrote:

| include: is used around 10% of the time and exists: is used around 3%
| of the time.  Redirect= and exp= are not very common, but then, I
| don't think they are very controversial either.

exists: is going to be very important for Pobox users.

We were going to try to herd them all toward sasl.smtp.pobox.com.

Then I realized it might be easier to just

  pobox.com IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx ... redirect=%{l1+}.peruser._spf.pobox.com"

That redirect would allow each pobox user to set up a personal SPF
record according to their preferred level of protection.  Some might
want +all, others might want to set up include:myisp.com, and so on.

Makes everybody happy.

Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/HomePage