Re: what about an SPF modifier for C/R policy?

<phil-spf-discuss(_at_)ipal(_dot_)net> writes:

| > How would you make it coordinate with SPF so that the policy can be
| > variant based on SPF tests?  Doing it separate would have to, in some
| > cases, replicate the entirety of SPF (including all implementations).
|

| Since unknown modifiers are ignored, you can add a policy "document"
| for a domain by adding something like "policy=_ep.%{d}" to the SPF
| records.  Since such policies are not well defined and open to wide
| interpretation, this could be encoded in XML.

Letting anyone code theor policy in XML is one thing.  Making an implementation
that can read the XML and carry out any and every possible policy is another
thing altogther (most certainly very non-trivial, if not outright impossible).

Oh wait, I forgot, the XML discussion is dead now.

| Phil Howard KA9WGN       | http://linuxhomepage.com/      http://ham.org/ |
| (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/   http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |