Re: Namespace

2004-01-29 10:01:21
In <dvifzdzqh5s(_dot_)fsf(_at_)miranda(_dot_)ti(_dot_)initio(_dot_)no> Gustav
Foseid <gustavf(_at_)initio(_dot_)no> writes:

I still see more queries for x.x.x.x.in-addr._smtp_client.domain that
for domain TXT records. As more and more implementions become
available it will be harder to switch to a namespace.

Interesting.  _smpt_client was obsoleted how long ago?  Last
September?

How many different machines are making queries for these records?

Could it be that the higher number of queries is due to TTLs and
NTTLs?  If someone has to check a lot of different invalid IP
addresses, you are going to see a lot of hits.

I would suggest that the draft is changed to incorporate a namespace
as soon as possible.

I don't think it is worth changing now.

-wayne

Wiki: