Re: Extensibility

2004-01-29 17:55:39
In
<2A1D4C86842EE14CA9BC80474919782E011133CF(_at_)mou1wnexm02(_dot_)vcorp(_dot_)ad(_dot_)vrsn(_dot_)com>
 "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> writes:

Please define "extensibility" in the scope of SPF.

The ability to add directives. In particular the ability to add directives
of the type:

 +domainkeys:_params accredit=class3.verisign.com

And how are you proposing that all implementations of SPF know how to
use this new mechanism "domainkeys"?  Why not just use a modifier that
can be safely ignored?

The domainkeys authentication directive will be required if yahoo domainkeys
is going to play within the spf framework.

DomainKeys, the best that I can tell, is brain dead.  I don't want to
see it anywhere near SPF.

-wayne

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt