Re: Compliance

2004-01-30 05:24:02

Today I have received 300 virus attacks and 75 reports from broken
anti-virus software that thinks it should spam me whenever a virus joe jobs
my email address.

There should be a standard for anti-virus software that it never makes these
reports, almost none of the viruses that propagate now use a legit sender
address.

This is a very different issue.

We develop and sell mailserver AV software, and about 2% of our customers send out these bogus notifications. In almost all cases, they are running very old software and let their Service Agreements lapse. The latest version of our software will automatically handle the situation, preventing these bogus notifications from going out, even if our customer has something set up improperly. Yet we receive *many* complaints about these bogus notifications.

So the problem isn't always with the software, the problem is often with the user of the software.
                                   -Scott

---

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt