Re: My first valid spf rejection

2004-02-03 07:11:13
* At linux.lu, we just got our first (incoming) SPF FAIL too:

Tue Feb  3 12:25:39 2004: SPF FAIL mail from ip=210.126.43.138
helo=uk.mahjong.dk from(_at_)Q Ìã 3÷³tÔ6YÏN

(Apparently, a Korean spammer forging the domain of koys.de)

This was only 12 hours after activating the SPF milter on that
machine.

* On the downside, we have also a logging "exists:" mechanism on a
number of domains, but so far this hasn't caught anything yet (apart
from our own tests).

* MyDoom is currently forging my e-mail address, but unfortunately
none of these forgeries have been caught (i.e. none of the third party
ISPs that the forgeries were sent to implement SPF yet), and the only
way I became aware of them is the bounces.

Conclusion: not a huge success yet, but it's a start! Looking forward
to a wider deployment of SPF!

Alain

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt