RE: New macro proposed %{u}

2004-02-03 13:21:45
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 14:13, Dustin D. Trammell wrote:
Normally, I would agree with this 100%.  This sounds like a perfect case
for local firewall policy.  However, I can see a scenario where you may
want to define a remote host as being allowed to send mail for your
domain, but you only want your user account on that host to be the one
allowed to do it.  In that case, you do not control the firewall policy
on that host, you simply have a user account, and you only control the
SPF policy for your domain.  If the admin of that host allows the users
to send mail directly from that host, you may want to make use of that
and declare it as legal in your SPF policy.

If you can not change firewall policy for a host, what are the chances
you can get identd running AND allow identd incoming through the
firewall?

--
Andy Bakun: your patented tagline generator
        <abakun(_at_)thwartedefforts(_dot_)org>

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt