RE: NXDOMAIN

2004-02-03 18:20:35

very small.

                Phill

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Anderson [mailto:mark(_at_)hivercon(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 7:46 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] NXDOMAIN

Marc,

Since SPF does not address this scenario (right?), couldn't
spammers just
use non-existant domains?

Any half decent filtering solution will check the return
address for MX
record - and might go so far as to check the MX host will accept email
for the email address in question.

Regards,

Mark Anderson.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt