ANNOUNCE: SRS v0.15 documentation and code

2004-02-10 18:15:02
Hi

SRS has undergone a major overhaul. I have been reposible for much of this
overhaul, and the system has now reached release candidate stage.

There is a web page at http://www.anarres.org/projects/srs/ which links to
the latest release of the documentation and source code. There is a draft
paper aavailable on that page which describes the strategies and
justification for the SRS mechanism; this is available in PDF, PostScript
and DVI formats.

I would appreciate feedback on both the documentation and the code. I am
eager to respond to questions, comments on, and criticisms of, the
mechanism so that we can get this fixed as soon as possible. I feel that
at this stage, the documentation is considerably more important than the
code, and will I especially value feedback on both the embedded code
documentation and on the separate paper.

I hope that this resolves any outstanding questions[0]. I await with
trepidation the comnents of the community[1].

My sincerest thanks to all those (we all know who you are) who have helped
to get SRS to this stage.

S.

[0] It's just as likely to start a thread a mile long.
[1] See [0].

--
Shevek                                    http://www.anarres.org/
I am the Borg.                         http://www.gothnicity.org/