Re: Exim implementation of sender cookies

2004-02-19 09:29:47
In <20040219160709(_dot_)GA6250(_at_)uk(_dot_)tiscali(_dot_)com> Brian Candler
<B(_dot_)Candler(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

I decided against VERP and included a cookie header instead; I think it
scales better (multiple MTAs can each add their own cookies) and is less
likely to break things (you don't hit the 64-character limit and you don't
break anything which filters on the envelope sender)

Uh, many (most?) of the bounces that I receive do not contain complete
headers.  If you are storing the data in a mail header, how do you
distinguish a legitimate bounce that doesn't include complete headers
from bogus bounces?

This is why mailing lists have to use things like VERP.

-wayne