Re: A couple of thoughts

2004-02-19 09:28:28
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 03:00:23PM +0000, Shevek wrote:
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 mw-list-spf-discuss(_at_)csi(_dot_)hu wrote:

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:57:11AM -0600, wayne wrote:
SPF and SRS are completely independent solutions to different
problems.

If you only have SPF, how do you handle bounces for forwarded
messages?

You implement SRS.

So then how are SPF and SRS completely independent solutions, if
SPF mandates some form of SRS?

This is exactly the point which is misrepresented for some reason: you
must have SRS implemented for SPF to work, because SPF breaks bounce
handling on forwarded messages.  In other words, people should not be
told: implement SPF, and we will give you SRS later.  There is no SRS
independent SPF.

Mate
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis