Re: name server oddities

2004-02-20 08:38:02

"nmap -P0 -O" wasn't able to fingerprint the OS for either of these
domains.

Yeah, I tried some fingerprinting too and never got anything back :(

I wasn't even able to find an A record for mx2.outsourced.at

Hmm, I got one,

dig mx2.outsourced.at

; <<>> DiG 9.2.3rc2 <<>> mx2.outsourced.at
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mx2.outsourced.at.             IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mx2.outsourced.at.      86381   IN      A       212.183.22.35

;; Query time: 1 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Fri Feb 20 15:21:59 2004
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 51

Maybe outsorced.at is fubarred?

Its definitely possible. Its just if it is its been fubarred for some time now.
The problem is historically I have found customers to be less than understanding
when they happily receive email from domains to their $other_isp_not_using_SPF
but
can't get them through the service you provide :(

"well, I'll use the place where it works etc etc".

*sigh*, where did I put the extra large clue bat ? ;)

Cheers though all, I'll just keep monitoring this one for now.

Simon.