Re: Updates on SRS crypto

2004-02-21 03:45:57
On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:12:31PM -0600, mw-list-spf-discuss(_at_)csi(_dot_)hu
wrote:
To read  the secrets file, a program requires special privilages.

No it does not. You are assuming that the MTA has switch its running uid to
the recipient's UID at that stage. I would not implement it there.

Exim typically runs as user 'exim' when routing mail, and re-execs itself to
regain root if it needs it for local delivery. I would just have the secrets
visible to the 'exim' user. This is no more privileges than it normally has
when running.

Brian.