Re: "Extreme SPF" part II

2004-02-21 03:50:44
On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 12:56:51PM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200401/1505.html

The ASTA and ASRG are working on a BCP that describes some elements of
the above.  I would expect to see it published in the I-D archive by the
end of March.

Point number 7 addresses the problem case you raise.

Also, in the next few weeks we will offer per-user SPF records so you
can set up the appropriate SPF record for
B(_dot_)Candler(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com if you
prefer not to use our smtp server for outbound mail.

Thanks, and I do realise that SPF permits per-user records using that macro
rewriting stuff.

I was trying to answer the point "why don't ISP smarthosts just reject
envelope senders whose domain is not the ISP's?"

Certainly smarthosts can implement SPF in line with your point 7.

Regards,

Brian.