Re: DMP vs SPF

2004-02-21 17:23:56

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Alaia" <marc(_at_)alaia(_dot_)net>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 7:01 PM
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] DMP vs SPF

Hector Santos [mailto:winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com] wrote:
Question,  some TXT lookups have a non-zero TTL assign to it.   How do
you
get a non-zero TTL assigned to a TXT record?

Are you sure you have that right?  A TXT record should have a non-zero
TTL.
Every valid DNS record has a TTL, no?  Check out AOL's txt record:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=aol.com&type=TXT

or pobox's:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=pobox.com&type=TXT

Actually, I'm kind of surprised at how low the TTL's are for both the
above
domains (especially the NS TTL's)....

Right,

I have yet to figure out how to add a non-zero TTL for my TXT record.  See
my record at winserver.com

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=winserver.com&type=TXT

I'm using Microsoft NT server 4.0 DNS Manager.   It's GUI manager does not
have a TTL field for adding a TXT record to a zone.

http://www.santronics.com