RE: DMP vs SPF

2004-02-22 07:32:33
Alex van den Bogaerdt [mailto:alex(_at_)ergens(_dot_)op(_dot_)het(_dot_)net]
wrote:
On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 07:01:02PM -0500, Marc Alaia wrote:

Actually, I'm kind of surprised at how low the TTL's are for both the
above
domains (especially the NS TTL's)....

When experimenting, a low TTL is a precautionary measure for that moment
where
you make a mistake.  It wouldn't be nice if I got a record that is fubar
and
cache it for several days...

HTH
Alex

Thanks, Alex.  Yes, I do understand the need to keep TTL's low in that
situation, but I would think that AOL is not experimenting with its
nameservers (The TTL for each was 3600) or the IP's of their nameservers.
In fact, the records have a 48-hour TTL at the root servers (mandatory?)
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=aol.com&type=NS

Anyway, just seems like extra traffic on their nameservers....

Marc