Re: Practical implementation of SRS for Exim 4.

2004-02-24 09:06:24
In
<1077628264(_dot_)7826(_dot_)353(_dot_)camel(_at_)hades(_dot_)cambridge(_dot_)redhat(_dot_)com>
 David Woodhouse <dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org> writes:

Two points to note, having implemented this in the wild.

thanks for the info!

The second point to note is that some recipients (like pobox.com)
perform sender verification callouts using <postmaster(_at_)$domain> as the
sender address in the 'test' message.

I think this is a postfix thing.  Exim uses the null sender.

My Exim 4 implementation now conforms to Shevek's specification for
shorter local-parts, although obviously not implementing the shortcuts
which I believe would violate the AUP of my network providers. It looks
like this...

Interesting.  This *is* SRS implemented entirely in Exim's config
langauge, right?

Just out of curiosity, why do you use MD5 for the hash instead of
SHA1?

-wayne