Re: Possible SPF machine-domain loophole???

2004-02-24 09:10:05
Meng, this is all very simple.

Adjust SPF to validate LOCAL DOMAIN spoofing as a predominate requirement.
Remember, that is what most people are going to want first over everything
else.

        "I need to protect my system first, then I'll check the other guy
second."

Geez, that is what got us involved in this work in the first place - when we
started to see the criminal fraud mis-representation of our domains and
email address as return paths.

If the equation for a good total system is:

        SPF +  MTA w/ HELO/EHLO domain checking = Good System

then that needs to be stated in the "functional" (not technical)
specification otherwise you have a loophole.  The technical specification
describes how it actually implemented.

http://www.santronics.com