RE: Possible SPF machine-domain loophole???

2004-02-24 17:03:18
[Dustin Trammell]
I agree with that position as well.  I believe someone posted to the
list earlier that including the HELO in the headers is NOT
required, but
is just current practice.  The problem with this is, you must get all
the MTA's that do this to change their behavior.

This wouldn't have to be a uniform practice across the industry, though
that would be nice.  The more mailers that just reported IP and rDNS,
the fewer misdirected abuse reports we'd see due to spoofed HELO names.

--

Seth Goodman