Re: HELO Testing

2004-03-12 14:39:27
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Marc Alaia wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but there was a ton of stuff on the
list about the new HELO option and I couldn't think of a way to search for
what I'm looking for.

I found that simply rejecting external connections with HELOs matching
my own domain or my own IP address nixes 50% of the worm spam.  You
would think the worms would be smart enough to put something random
in the HELO, but apparently most of them aren't.

      "Very few of our customers are going to have a pure Unix
      or pure Windows environment." - Dennis Oldroyd, Microsoft Corporation