Re: SRS and RCPT TO: question

2004-03-12 14:52:13

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Woodhouse" <dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 7:18 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] SRS and RCPT TO: question

There's actually quite a few people doing buggy CBV with non-empty
reverse-path. Most of them seem to use postmaster@, so I've made my
implementation of SRS accept mail from postmaster@ to the SRS0 addresses
too.

Hmmmmmmmmmm,

I am not uptopar with SRS or its issues, but I will say this:

All CBV systems need to stop using non-NULL return paths, such as a FQDN
postmaster@ return path address or another other FQDN in a CBV session .
This can cause a potential loop if connecting to another CBV system who also
has a non-NULL return path.

I've seen two CBV systems that uses postmaster@ so far. No problem when the
usage was small.

Our CBV system watches for postmaster to stop potential loops.   Are you
saying I should look at some special "SRS0" ?? address to avoid a CBV?

http://www.santronics.com