Re: SRS and RCPT TO: question

2004-03-12 16:25:48
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 11:12:09PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
No, I was suggesting that those implementing SRS could, instead of
rejecting _all_ mail to SRS0 adresses from a non-empty reverse-path,
also work around the brain-damaged CBV discussed above by accepting mail
from postmaster(_at_)* to those addresses too.

More to the point, I was suggesting that this could have been the
problem which Jeremy was experiencing. I was guessing, since he didn't
show any actual SMTP transactions or much else to go on.

        This theory would be all well and good except my server was
rejecting based solely on the SRS signed address in the RCPT TO:. It did
not matter if the MAIL FROM: was <> or postmaster@ or any other valid
email address allowed to send mail through my server. I'm still looking
into the "Why" portion as ever thing else said so far from my inquiry
has been conjecture and theory. Only Mark had ask'd any thing close to
assistance and I've replied privately as I received it privately before
his response hit the list.

        Regards,
        Jeremy