Re: Everyone Having an SPF Record Fails From This List

2004-03-16 07:35:58

----- Original Message -----
From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)midwestcs(_dot_)com>
To: "SPF discussions" <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Everyone Having an SPF Record Fails From This List

| I strongly suspect that whatever generated the "X-Cirelle-Tag-Sender:"
| header is getting it from the "From:" header instead of the
| envelope-from.

Yes it is,  maildrop is extracting that header from the email.
I then add this info to the header of the email for further processing
which should (when working properly) give me the ability to:
1. pass the email on to spamassassin
2. or reply to postmaster of the sending server
3. or dump the message to a quarantine folder
4. or dump to /dev/nul
as examples

currently not doing anything but tagging with the headers at present

I thought spfquery, et al, goes for the "From" in the envelope

I'm testing this and will need to get it right

Greg