Re: sendmail-milter question

2004-03-24 19:11:06
On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 09:05:10PM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

| is it just me or is the sendmail milter architecture broken because it
| doesn't allow ACCEPT shortcircuiting?

i went on AIM and beeped Derek Balling.

<meng> there should be logic that says if AUTH, accept; break; if
STARTTLS, accept; break; if SPF fail, then reject; break

<db> yeah, that would be neat, but that doesn't exist

<db> because it would also be nice for milters to be able to override each
other (e.g., for a local spamrules filter to be able to say "I don't
care if SA thinks it's spam, it's got the magic word in the subject, let
it through"

<db> but there's no way to do it.

<meng> shucks.

<meng> milters need some kind of shared memory heap convention.

<db> yup.

<meng> ok, thanks.

<db> no problem.