Re: sendmail-milter question

2004-03-25 04:08:05
Mark <admin(_at_)asarian-host(_dot_)net> writes:

I think it is high time I release SPF-milter 1.40. :) Expect it within a day
or so. It will add support for STARTTLS too, as well as SRS bounce checking
(optional).

Please can it also fix the problem with (for example) Sourceforge
probes which send an RSET between RCPT to the sender and doing a
postmaster check? SPF-milter 1.3 complains that it needs a HELO, but
the sendmail Privacy options requiring HELO do not complain when the
milter is not running. RFC2821 4.1.1.5 states that issuing an RSET is
more efficient than resending the EHLO, so (as I read the RFC and by
existing sendmail behaviour) the milter should not be complaining that
it needs another HELO after an RSET has been sent.