Re: SPF delegation

2004-03-24 21:47:42
On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 19:53, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
I'm sure someone has already thought of this, but I just set up a
delegation system for SPF records.  When SPF returns none, I lookup the
domain under _spf.delgate.com to see if one is supplied.  This lets me
supply SPF records for use by my customers for domains which won't provide
them themselves.

For example, delegate is myserver.com, email domain is foobar.com,
if standard SPF lookup for foobar.com returns none, I lookup
foobar.com._spf.myserver.com and use that instead if it exists.

trusted-forwarder.org

This functionality is available within most of the SPF implementations,
libspf included.

Cheers,

James

--