Some quick status info...

2004-04-06 12:07:08
On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 19:59, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 08:51:26PM -0500, Chuck Mead wrote:
| Okay so I turned it on and immediately caught a bad guy!

you did?  awesome.

Over the last month or so, the rate of SPF fail messages for my vanity
domains has been slowly increasing from about 2 a week to now around 4 a
day.  These are also messages that do NOT get caught by anti-spam
measures (I'm currently just tagging with Received-SPF and filtering
them later).  Previously, these messages would have made it into one of
my various inboxes as spam.  I'm now getting about half of the amount
through I was getting last month, and it has been a noticeable
difference.  Probably the most prominent fails have been worms forging
one user at one of our domains to another user at the same domain with
an infected attachment.  ALL of these have been stopped by SPF.

--
Dustin D. Trammell
Vulnerability Remediation Alchemist