Re: persistent spfd connection failures

2004-04-19 16:31:23
In <408431EA(_dot_)6040806(_at_)eshu(_dot_)net> Joe Christy
<joe(_at_)eshu(_dot_)net> writes:

                                         I'm currently using
Mail::SPF::Query-1.996's spfd [snip]

I did some checking into this.

For some reason, the Perl DNS functions take around 30 seconds to
return a SERVFAIL/TRY_AGAIN DNS error.  Libspf-alt takes 10 seconds,
while libspf takes 20 seconds.  No, I can't account for the different
times, nor can I account for why my system only takes 30 seconds with
perl where yours takes 80 seconds.

Libspf-alt also supports Exim via a spfd.  The ACL is slightly
different, but it is included with package.  It may solve your
problem, but then, it might not.

See: http://www.midwestcs.com/spf/libspf-alt/

-wayne