Re: Qmail Virtual Hosts

2004-04-27 11:17:48
On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:23:53AM -0500, Aditya Ivaturi wrote:
We have just finished configuring Qmail+SPF. We provide email services for
multiple domains which are all set up as virtual domains. If I set up SPF
rules, does that apply to all the domains and can I write separate rules for
each domains. I do not have any thing specific in mind right now but would
like of the possibility. Ideal situation would be to have a universal rules
set for all the domains and then some specific rules for each. Is that even
possible? Finally where can I find a comprehensive documentation for SPF
(for Qmail)?

What you want can be done, but I'd say you'll have to do the reverse.
Look at the include mechanism (http://spf.pobox.com/mechanisms.html#include),
it allows you to include the spf record of another domain in any given
domain.

So set up your 'universal rules' in some specific domain eg
'universal-rules.mydomain.com', and include that domain from each of
year (sub-)domain txt entries.

In general you set SPF rules by adding a TXT record to your dns. As
such, it only applies to the domain you set the TXT record on.

Hope this helps (and hope I did understand your question correctly).

Koen

--
http://www.sonologic.nl/