SPF on the IETF road to RFC

2004-04-29 19:57:17
Slowly but surely we are on the road to IETF ratification.

The IETF is "checking our work" and making sure SPF didn't miss
anything.  Keep in mind the IETF has a strongly academic bent.

Over here in the trenches, SPF already has a thriving developer
community and something like 13,000 registered domains.

So the IETF is producing rough consensus, and we're producing running
code.  Let's hope they meet in the middle with a thunderclap and promote
the SPF draft into a full-blown RFC!

The following message comes from the MXCOMP mailing list of the IETF
MARID working group.  To become a Member Of The IETF all you have to do
is join the list.   If you're not already on there you're welcome to
join the fun!  http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/