SV: SV: SV: Recursion limit of 20 include/redirects total

2004-05-11 10:06:51
domain.a txt "v=spf1 a:mail.domain.a include:domain.b -all"
domain.b txt "v=spf1 a:mail.domain.b include:domain.a -all"
Which of these is wrong? Both, or neither?

With my example, for domain.a it would analyze:

a:mail.domain.a - if it fits, the e-mail is valid
a:mail.domain.b - if it fits, the e-mail is valid
Then it will detect the loop, and revert to "-all".

I guess this is exactly what was intended. If it returns unknown, however, it
will return a value that has not been specified for any e-mail.

I would have thought it more intuitive
for processing of an include: mechanism to simply be ignored if processing of
that record was already in progress.

I totally agree.

It's simply safer, easier and more intuitive than the current spec.

Lars.