Re: SV: Recursion limit of 20 include/redirects total

2004-05-13 00:46:17
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 03:12:10PM -0600, Michael R. Brumm wrote:

This is basically what you want, right? You want "Unknown"s to cause
rejections, right? Well, then re-read the RFC! That is what is going
to happen after widespread adoption.

Ack.  I am convinced that unknown is the Right Thing to do.

What about MAY vs MUST ?

current:

 If a loop is detected, or if more than 20 subqueries are triggered,
   an SPF client MAY abort the lookup and return the result "unknown".

proposed:

 If a loop is detected, or if more than 20 subqueries are triggered,
   an SPF client MUST abort the lookup and return the result "unknown".

Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If