Re: update from MARID meeting

2004-05-20 14:08:06
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 08:32:04PM +0000, Mark wrote:
| >> We also have Sendmail, Verisign, IBM, etc in the room and they are
| >> nodding their heads.
|
| Are the folks of ISC also in the room? I'd like to hear about their
| willingness to implement a new RR type as well.

We just ran through Ed Lewis's presentation
http://homepage.mac.com/resnick/copy_MARID-DNS.ppt

Now we're debating exactly these issues --- should we, strategically,
make new RR types work now and for good, or should we tactically just
do TXT?

Ted Hardie is saying right now: we have SPF in TXT, and we will do
MARID in XML; let's design a new record type that will represent UTF-8
or UTF-7 into XML, and that will be primary if it exists; if it is not
there, use the TXT record.

So that may be a good compromise.