SV: Wayne's thoughts from the IETF Meeting

2004-05-22 13:43:07
The queasiness was why I insisted that after the flag day, if an RFROM
is absent, the FROM will be used instead.

Did you discuss the concept of flag days with the Microsoft guys? Is there any
historic example of having flag days for internet protocols, with success?

I would suggest that a new protocol, that is not backwards compatible,
introduces "v=spf2" instead of "v=spf1", so that these two versions can coexist
in a transition period.

Lars.