Re: some stats on SPF and C-ID publishing

2004-05-27 03:01:12
wayne wrote:

I thought you guys might be interested in them.

Yes, thanks.

I have heard rumors that there are a least a couple hundred
thousand with SPF records.

Do you have an example ?  I'm not sure what you're talking
about.

It could be the difference between XML vs the "simple" SPF
syntax.  It could be the availability of SPF wizards.  It
could be availability of working code.

XML is simple enough.  But distributing XML with DNS is weird.
Some MicroSoft products get even the most simple things like
MIME wrong, so why even consider this patented (?) "C-ID over
DNS" idea ?

it would be best for the IETF to try and make sure the MARID
proposal follows the SPF trajectory.

So far the RfC-editor accepted MicroSoft's internet draft, and
some hours later one of the ASRG chairmen resigned.

                     Bye, Frank