RE: domainkeys

2004-05-27 10:36:23
"Seth Goodman" <sethg(_at_)GoodmanAssociates(_dot_)com> wrote:

As I'm interested in asymmetric crypto with public keys provided by DNS as
an alternative to CBV's for an SES implementation, I am curious as to how
secure the signature would be if the public key was reduced in size to fit
in a 128-byte DNS packet.  Does DNS support UTF-7 or binary data for any
RR's to reduce the byte count?

Defore we go reinventing the wheel here, let's remember that DNS already
supports KEY records.  You can see one (not currently used for anything,
but perhaps soon) by doing a "dig mailhost.m5p.com key" (or your local
equivalent).                                            -- George Mitchell