SPF records at AltaVista

2004-05-28 11:00:26
When I used AltaVista against the testing tool, I expected it to tell me
that AltaVista does not authorize my IP address to send mail, but
instead I got this message after 60 seconds:
        "SPF encountered a transient error during SPF analysis"

http://spf.pobox.com/why.html

Is this just a problem where AltaVista's SPF records are confusing the
testing tool?

Here is what nslookup returns:

altavista.com   text =

        "Null SPF is for tracking purposes only"
altavista.com   text =

        "All mail claiming to be from altavista.com is forged"
altavista.com   text =

        "v=spf1 +exists:CL.%{i}.FR.%{s}.HE.%{h}.null.spf.altavista.com
-all"
altavista.com   text =

        "This domain sends no email"

Thanks,