Re: SPF records at AltaVista

2004-05-29 01:01:06
--Meng Weng Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

|       "SPF encountered a transient error during SPF analysis"

looks like the spf.altavista.com nameserver is timing out.

This is probably true. The record was a good idea at the time, but I probably should have removed the exists: part of it before leaving the company. Now whoever is at the wheel (asleep or not) will have to make the change... I'm not sure if they will edit it, remove it, or leave it alone. But it is now officially someone else's problem :) For everyone now getting timeouts, I'm sorry I didn't remove the reference while I had the chance.

I find it ironic that Yahoo now owns 170 domains that support SPF, and none that support Domain Keys.