RE: XML Poll (Please respond only once)

2004-05-30 11:57:36
George Mitchell wrote:
Before we waste any more time on XML, could we take a quick
poll on whether we want to use it at all?  I request all of
the members of this list respond (once) to the list in this
thread, stating simply whether you believe the SPF
specification should include the use of XML.

I don't think XML is a good idea and here's why: for my own domain, I
published an SPF record because I could understand what to do and how it
works in a matter of minutes. OTOH, the CID draft is still on my desk
awaiting time to read, and I am not going to publish any CID until I
have a reasonable understanding of how it works, which I do not have
now. Same applies to the MARID drafts.

SPF can be successful only if it is massively deployed, and this means
simplicity. Better to start with a simple mechanism even if it has some
shortcomings and get the ball rolling than with a complex one that will
never gets adopted because it's too complex.

Michel.